- It’s that time of year again! No, not Christmas! It’s Flu season. The yearly flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months and older, and especially for young children, pregnant women, and those with chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and heart or lung disease. Fayetteville Woman’s Care offers flu shots beginning September 29 on a walk in basis. Monday through Friday 8 am to 11 am and Monday through Thursday 1 pm to 4 pm. Get yours soon!
- BCBS is now ranking physicians by Tiers – On some BCBS plans, patients can pay lower co-pays by seeing a Tier 1 provider. Fayetteville Woman’s Care is a Tier 1 provider for BCBS.
- The latest in permanent birth control, Essure, is now available at Fayetteville Woman’s Care. Covered by most insurance plans, Essure is a gentle procedure performed in our office in less than 10 minutes. No surgery. No hormones. No recovery time. Essure is an effective permanent, nonreversible form of birth control. Call our office for an appointment to discuss whether Essure is the right choice for you.
- New improvements in treating urinary control problems are available through Fayetteville Woman’s Care. If you’ve tried other treatments like diet modifications, biofeedback and medications and still experience bladder control problems, Medtronic InterStim Therapy may be the answer. Ask your doctor for details.
- In early October, the FDA approved the intrauterine device Mirena to treat heavy menstrual bleeding in women who use intrauterine contraception as their main form of pregnancy prevention. Ask your doctor if the Mirena device is right for you as birth control or as a method to control heavy bleeding. It’s an easy and quick out-patient office procedure.
- Looking for other birth control options besides the pill or an IUD? Ask your doctor about IMPLANON/NEXPLANON, a small, thin hormonal contraceptive that is effective for up to three years. It is implanted in your arm in a quick in-office procedure.
- Getting a hysterectomy has progressed dramatically through the years. Our doctors are specialists in advanced hysterectomy procedures, including LASH (Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy), which is a state-of-the-art procedure that is minimally invasive, cost-effective and has the benefit of a quick recovery time. Ask your doctor if LASH is right for you. Over 98% of our patients go home the same day.
We pride ourselves in:
Short wait times – We know your time is valuable. That’s why our office is managed in a timely fashion. You may not have time to read an article in our waiting-room magazines before you are called back! And we take special care to ensure that you are not “chilling out” in an exam room.
Personalized attention – When you visit our office, you will notice that our caring doctors and nurses are attentive to your individual needs and concerns. We take the time to get to know you and your issues so we can find the best treatments for you.
Skilled and knowledgeable physicians – Our doctors take the time to keep up to date on current women’s health and medical issues and procedures. You can feel confident that our doctors have been trained and our specialists in the most up-to-date medical procedures.